Yaar tolga cora and dzovinar derderian talk about their approaches in their recent 2016 edited volume the ottoman east in the nineteenth century societies identities and politics the volume discusses trans regional connectivity the fluidity of identities and loyalties state and local politics and the social history of space. Slavery in the ottoman empire was a legal and significant part of the ottoman empires economy and society the main sources of slaves were war captives and organized enslavement expeditions in north and east africa eastern europe the balkans and the caucasus . Empire in the early nineteenth century theophilus c prousis university of north florida familiarity with ottoman society and institutions made these consular appointees shippers sailors and traders in the ottoman east who were descended from greek french and
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.